For most, having a criminal record makes life much more difficult – especially a felony. Having a felony in the state of Florida just further increases the obstacle of locating jobs or pursuing potential opportunities such as buying a house or traveling. This is due to the accessibility of criminal documents and records that are easily made available through Florida courts and law enforcement agencies.
Unfortunately, the state of Florida does not allow anyone convicted with a criminal record to conceal that information, no matter where or when the conviction occurred. This does allow those that are eligible to be able to start fresh and rid yourself of a burdensome past criminal record. The overall process does take time, but it is an investment in your future and takes away the limitations of a criminal record.
Record Expungement Process
Although the process is complicated, avoiding some of the smaller mistakes can save you from having to restart the entire process – which can take up to months or years. Many individuals that are seeking to partake in the expungement process utilize superb attorney representation which can aid in speeding up the process.
After the process is completed, your record will be clear and anyone that wishes to seek any criminal information about you will be unable to find it. This will allow you to take your life back and be in control of what the world sees about you.
How to Expunge Your Record
As mentioned previously, you can not expunge or seal your criminal record no matter how long ago it was. In order to properly expunge your criminal record, you have to appear at the court where the arrest or conviction took place.
The expungement then removes the incident from your record completely, making it unavailable to the general public. Most attorneys are able to handle the entire process without the need for you to make an appearance in court, which saves you from frequent visits at the courthouse.
Once the process is complete, you are now an ordinary citizen like everyone else and can live your life.
Services Offered for the Clients in Florida
Here are some other services that are also available to residents in Florida:
- Record Sealing (Adult and Juvenile) – If you were acquitted at trial or your arrest was withheld adjudication, you may be able to qualify for a record sealing. This process is relatively simple, but can not be completed if you have any convictions on your record. This also applies to juveniles, which can be completed either by expunction, administrative expunction, or completing a diversion program (usually for misdemeanor offenses).
- Expungement – If charges are dismissed before your trial, expungement may be a viable option for you. Once again, this can not be completed if you have a prior conviction within any state at any time.
- Firearm Restoration – Many individuals with a felony are actually unaware that they may be able to restore their firearm right. This is conducted through meeting certain requirements such as waiting eight years and also paying off any fines that are needed.
- Termination of Probation – The state of Florida may be able to terminate your probation early. You are able to petition the court to discharge you from any supervision. In order to do this, the court will have to discuss whether or not your probation termination will be beneficial to yourself and society. You can further increase your chances of this by paying off all fines and completing any service hours that are required.
Ridding yourself of a burdensome criminal record is one thing, but getting rid of a criminal record online can be nearly impossible, especially with a felony.
Even if the conviction is removed, your mugshot or record may still be available to the public, which can lead to a loss of opportunities down the road such as college or jobs.
Fortunately, there are ways to reduce your presence online and allow you to take control of the online conversation.
Using Online Reputation Management to Remove Your Criminal Record Online
Online reputation management has become a top choice for individuals that wish to present a positive image to anyone who searches for their name online.
The online world has become a large part of our culture, so it is easy for unfavorable items to pop up within the search results for our name.
This is why enacting an online reputation management services can be an extremely advantageous and beneficial option.
This strategy includes the following:
● Monitor – Oversee the online conversation and see what others are saying about you. You can do this by utilizing tools that are available online that alert you whenever you are being mentioned online. You can also consistently search for your name and find out what some of the top results for your name are.
● Promote – Promote any positive content that can build up your image online. This is done by utilizing SEO practices and pushing any negative content down, ultimately pushing positive pages up.
● Suppress – Suppressing any false or misrepresentative information that can harm your online personal image. This will save you from future loss of opportunities such as jobs or high ranking schools. Push down negative articles from Google.
● Recover – Recover from the loss of income or opportunity due to your negative online reputation. This will allow you to put your best foot forward online and continue to grow your online perception or business.
This process will effectively push up any positive information pertaining to the search results within your name. Since employers often search up potential candidates names, anything that is considered negative can cost you the job, especially with a mugshot or criminal record.
Therefore, utilizing an online reputation management strategy can effectively combat a negative online perception. Your online reputation is extremely important, online reputation management is a must.